The new year is approaching, and that means it’s time to start prepping for the changes to come. This year has brought a great number of exciting communication strategies, while others have become less popular. Here are some of the approaches we think are going to keep going strong into the new year.
Create Quality Social Media Content
Social media is one of the main places where online users go to engage and interact with brands and voice their opinions about products and brand experiences. Plus, it’s a place where users can gather information and form opinions of your brand as well.
Given those facts, it’s time to leverage the power of social media by generating quality content on a consistent basis. Focusing on quality, rather than just posting for posting’s sake, will help build your brand and drive sales by directing users straight to your website. In fact, it’s a great way to build relationships with current customers and gain credibility and trust in your brand with prospects. An increased focus on visual social content will continue in 2020, because it remains relevant to this generation’s internet users.
Organize Your Email Campaigns
While there are many opinions about email marketing, there are several key characteristics that most 2020 emails should have:
- Responsive email templates: Confirm your emails are set for optimal interaction across screens of all sizes.
- Interactive Calls-to-Action: Create compelling slogans, buttons and email features that drive recipients to click your links and want to learn more about your brand.
- Accessible Email Design: Make sure your copy is easy to read by using appropriate line spacing, font sizes, colors and alternative text for image descriptions.
Start prepping your emails as soon as possible, and make sure all of your email marketing strategies for 2020 have those three key components.
Personalize Your Marketing Efforts
Captivate your audience by targeting specific details that relate to them on your website, social media posts, emails, advertisements and landing pages. If you’re in charge of marketing a professional basketball team, create content asking your audience about the upcoming game or create polls asking who they think will score the most points on the team by the end of the season. There are endless ways to get creative and interact with your specified audience. A good way to start is by identifying your audience and their current online interactions. The goal is to evoke emotion that turns into action.
Utilize Your Earned Media Coverage
One of the few constants in marketing and communication strategies that’ll definitely carry on into 2020 is media monitoring for earned media coverage . So long as your organization exists, chances are there is someone out there talking about your brand and mentioning it on broadcast networks, news articles or social media platforms. Make sure you have access to the following strategies and trends while monitoring your earned media:
- Data Driven Marketing: Be sure to track your earned media’s sentiment analysis, audience statistics, publicity values and market data. The more data you can receive from your audience interactions by tracking earned media, the more you can tailor your message to generate more leads.
- Promotional Communication: Share positive mentions with your audience to gain exposure and show prospects your brand is worth subscribing to.
- Unlock Media Paywalls to Ensure You Don’t Miss Coverage: As the use of media paywalls continue to rise, your access to top media sites gets more and more limited. Fortunately, you can get access to premium worldwide sources with Licensed Content offerings from top media monitoring platforms.
Looking for a way to monitor, analyze and share your coverage from TV, radio, online news and social media sources?
Get a closer look at the most robust media monitoring and intelligence platform in the industry by scheduling a free, custom demo.
Priscilla is the marketing coordinator for Critical Mention. Early on in her career, she developed a passion for marketing, writing and anything within the communication field. During her leisure time, she loves to watch her favorite sports teams and explore new restaurants with friends and family.