Are you looking to interact with your social media audience, post trending content that’ll boost social engagement and practice top social strategies that’ll increase brand awareness?
These seven vital components will help elevate your organization’s social media presence so that your business can use social channels as tools to accomplish strategic business goals.
1. Practice Social Media Brand-Consistency
Maintaining consistent logos, social media descriptions and “about” sections across all social media channels is an excellent way to create brand representation. Doing so helps legitimize your business and makes it easier for users to identify your brand when they come across your multiple social sites. Another way to practice brand consistency is to try and make your URLs as similar as possible. Not only will these steps support your social media branding efforts, but these inexpensive social strategies will help your organization rank higher on search engine results.
2. Create a Social Media Posting Schedule
Establish real connections by showing social users that your organization is continually active on social media. Though keep in mind, there are guidelines as to how many times one should post to their social channels. Each channel varies, so the scheduling times depend on the organization’s audience type.
3. Utilize Social Analytics ToolsTop social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram all provide options to track insights and analytics. Use the data presented in their social performance metrics to set attainable goals and gradually work towards optimizing your content. You can also use social media monitoring tools to track what other brands and influencers are saying about your company and leverage that earned media for greater exposure.
4. Find your Target AudienceNote that different social media sites have distinct audiences:
- Facebook - a social network where a broad range of people, businesses and group communicate
- Twitter - instant sharing on what’s trending and relevant
- Instagram - visually centered social media content that should capture people’s attention very quickly
- LinkedIn - business oriented communication where like-minded colleagues and people can connect and network, typically on business-related topics
5. Understand How to Follow Social Media Trends
Learning how to follow trending topics is a social media must. Once you identify the trends, take advantage of them and create engaging social posts and tweets by utilizing top hashtags. Consistently tracking trends across all social sites will help you accurately identify what topics you should post about. Analyzing trends can play a great influence in your content creation too.
One common trend you’ll often see is weekday trends. These include ones like #MotivationalMonday, #TuesdayThoughts and #WednesdayWisdom. High-performing hashtags like those will help increase your social media and brand visibility.
6. Use Social Media for StorytellingUse encouraging language in your copy to get the conversation started on social media. You can do so by producing valuable content that doesn’t sound like an actual sales pitch.
“The way to create something great is to create something simple”
- Richard Koch, Author of The 80/20 Principle
It’s best to focus on quality, not quantity when producing social copy.
7. Interact with your Social Media AudienceUltimately, be responsive and build conversations to best cultivate positive social media interactions. Take advantage of your social media mentions, and use that exposure to increase your brand awareness through social media. Run social media contests that encourage people to engage with your brand on social media, or retweet relatable tweets from industry pros to incite conversation and show your audience that your brand is engaged and well informed. You can also join Facebook groups and chime in on the comments section to be a part of industry conversations and make your brand known to others within the group.
Nevertheless, social media marketing success is possible so long as you persist brand growth and engagement through consistency, patience and relevancy.
Looking for a way to monitor, analyze and share your coverage from TV, radio, online news and social media sources?
Get a closer look at the most robust media monitoring and intelligence platform in the industry by scheduling a free, custom demo.
Priscilla is the marketing coordinator for Critical Mention. Early on in her career, she developed a passion for marketing, writing and anything within the communication field. During her leisure time, she loves to watch her favorite sports teams and explore new restaurants with friends and family.