As you may have already heard, as of July 1, 2019, Critical Mention will no longer be available in the Cision platform. Late last year, after careful consideration, Critical Mention made the decision to end our relationship with Cision and the final steps of winding down this agreement are now complete.
We try to make every decision with our customers’ best interests in mind and we firmly believe that this decision puts us in the strongest position to best serve current and future customers. We also understand, however, that this change may significantly impact your day-to-day workflow and we want you to assure you that Critical Mention is here to help in any way we can.
Since this decision became generally public knowledge over the last few months, several of our competitors have used it as an opportunity to spread rumors you may have heard. In general, these rumors consist of misleading, negative information about Critical Mention. Here are the facts:
- Critical Mention proactively chose to wind down its agreement with Cision. We made this decision for the dual purpose of best serving our customers and growing our business.
- Our customers have always been and will always be our primary focus; that is why every one of our customers has access to a dedicated account manager and 24/7/365 support.
- In an effort to best serve our customers by providing a true all-in-one media intelligence service, we have made significant additions to the Critical Mention platform in recent years. These additions include increased social media monitoring, licensed print content and streamlined search functionality.
- Critical Mention remains an independent, healthy business that continues to grow. We remain committed to investing in our platform and our customers. As such, you can expect to see exciting new features added to the platform in the coming months.
- Critical Mention is the leader in broadcast media intelligence and monitoring. If anybody in the marketplace disputes this fact, we encourage you to take a no-obligation demo of our platform and make the comparison yourself.
If you’re concerned about how the break with Cision will impact you, or have any other questions about tracking your earned media coverage on broadcast, online, print or social channels, please feel free to contact us.
One more note: if you are already a Critical Mention customer, nothing about your service will change. Thank you for your loyalty and please keep providing us with feedback. Your thoughts and opinions drive our product roadmap and help us to build a product that makes your life easier.
-The Critical Mention Team