Thanksgiving is a time to stop and think about everything you’re thankful for—family, friends, the roof over your head, being alive, and of course, those public relations blogs and news emails you receive daily.
Here are our top 10 PR resources that we’re thankful for this year:
1. NYC PR Girls: Two twenty-something PR girls in New York City started a blog as a side project. The result is a culmination of great resources for today’s PR professional, and a compass for those aspiring to join their ranks.
2. Ketchum Insights: Ketchum’s blog consists of everything you need to know about PR from one of the biggest global PR firms. Here you can find blog posts, commentary, special reports about the industry, webinars, and videos promoting useful techniques and strategies.
3. Vlog Views: The video blog of Douglas Simon has been ranked as one of the best vlogs out there. Great work from Doug and his team on keeping this going—and evolving.
4. PR Week: PR Week has everything you need from the latest news, views on issues in PR, events to attend, job opportunities, and a comprehensive database of all contacts and firms covering the public relations industry.
5. PR News: A source for news, webinars, events, and PR books—Tangible. Real. Books. The site is broken down into different niches of PR, with a list of relevant white papers and blogs to choose from.
6. Ragan: Ragan has informative and entertaining listicles that comment on the state of PR or show tips in categories such as marketing, public relations, and social media. Ragan Training also provides online training resources to improve your professional skills.
7. PR Newser: Media Bistro’s take on Public Relations is full of random, intriguing, and educational articles and research findings.
8. O’Dwyer’s: Great journalism about the PR world. Jack O’Dwyer has the guts to say, and cover, what no one else will.
9. SpinSucks: Arment Dietrich’s professional development site for PR and Marketing pros has everything you need to learn about your industry and even a section for all you self-starting entrepreneurs out there.
10. Reddit: /r/PublicRelations/ is a sub-reddit about the PR industry and features articles about PR, and active comments from those who work in the space. Who doesn’t love reddit?