Former Kodak CMO Jeffrey Hayzlett and Gilt Group founder Alexis Maybank are among dozens of marketing and entrepreneurship experts playing coach tomorrow at a gigantic New York City trade show that’s free for small business owners.
Critical Mention will be there — as is evident from our very own Jack Wyrick, photographed today while setting up at the Jacob J. Javits Center – for the sixth annual New York XPO for Business.
“One of the beautiful things about media fragmentation is the additional opportunity for small business owners and entrepreneurs to tell their story,” said Dave Armon, president of Critical Mention. “We’ll be working with XPO attendees to demonstrate how establishing a broadcast monitoring program can yield valuable business intelligence and earned media coverage.”
Included in the speaker line-up:
- Hayzlett, author of “Running the Gauntlett: Essential Business Lessons to Lead, Drive Change, and Grow Profits,” will be the kick-off keynote speaker
- Maybank, who acts as CMO at the luxury buying site Gilt, will participate in the panel discussion. “CEP Success Stories: Lessons from America’s Best-Run Companies.”
- Loren Feldman, Small Business editor for The New York Times, will moderate the panel
- Marissa Currie, product marketing manager for Google, will lead a session on local marketing.
- Lindsey Pollak, a best-selling author and global spokesperson for LinkedIn, will provide advice on successfully using social media for business.
In addition to counseling business owners on how to include broadcast monitoring alongside social media listening and traditional marketing, Critical Mention will be encouraging attendees to enter a drawing for a free one-year subscription by texting XPO to 22828 on their mobile phones.
Wyrick and a member of the Critical Mention Client Services team, Robert Cabral, will be located in Booth 375, adjacent to the seminar rooms used throughout the day for keynote speakers and panels covering social media, marketing and advertising.